POSTGRADUATE PROGRAM IN METEOROLOGY
UACA-CTRN-UFCG- Campina Grade - PB
Coordinator: Carlos Antônio Costa dos Santos
The Graduate Program in Meteorology is intended for the training of Teachers, Researchers and Professionals specialized in Meteorology, according to the Federal Higher Education Legislation and the Federal University of Campina Grande. The Master and Doctorate Course in Meteorology is offered using the material and human infrastructure of UFCG, located in Campina Grande, Paraíba State. See Program Rules.
1 - MESO AND LARGE SCALE METEOROLOGY
Subareas: Synoptic-Dynamic of Tropical Atmosphere, Climatology, Radiation and Remote Sensing.
2 - AGROMETEOROLOGY AND MICROMETOROLOGY
Subareas: Agrometeorology, Micrometeorology, Agricultural Climatology, Crop Water Requirements.
Selection, vacancies and scholarships
The selection is made at UFCG, in Campina Grande, by a Commission of 03 (three) teachers of the Course, being cumulatively eliminatory and qualifying for the purpose of entering the Course. The selection process involves analysis of curriculum and school history, research proposal (doctoral case) and letters of reference. The number of vacancies is defined in the Notice and varies from 5 to 10 for the doctorate and 10 to 15 for the master. The course has scholarships from CNPq and CAPES.
The Master and Doctorate Course in Meteorology is taught on a credit basis (one credit corresponds to 15 hours of lectures or 30 hours of practical classes). The minimum attendance required for academic activities is 85%. Three annual term periods are offered. The first period usually begins in the first week of March.
Selection Application Requirements
Holders of higher education degrees in Meteorology, Agronomy, Engineering, Physics, or at the discretion of the Course Collegiate, from related fields, may apply. The following documents must be attached to the application for enrollment in the Course selection process.
- Standard Requirement.
- Certified photocopy of the diploma or document proving that the candidate will graduate until the beginning of the course.
- School transcript.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Research Project and Advisor Statement. (in case of doctorate).
- Where applicable, statement from the higher education institution in which you work attesting to the inclusion of the applicant in the PICD program, or the company or body indicating the applicant.
- Photocopies of documents that prove to be up to date with the electoral and military obligations, in case the candidate is Brazilian born or naturalized.
- Certified photocopy of CPF and ID card.
- Application form duly completed.
- Two recent photos (3x4 cm).